Veg Biryani with YES Sona Raw Rice
Biryani is a decadent Mughlai dish with bold flavours, aromas and striking colours. While the original dish as enjoyed by Mughal royalty and prepared by their chefs was a non-vegetarian one, it can also be enjoyed as a vegetarian fare, keeping its robust flavours intact. While the type of Biryani Masala used affects the taste of each Biryani greatly, it is the type and quality of Rice that is crucial to a great tasting Biryani. This recipe shows you how to make Vegetarian Biryani with YES Sona Raw Rice
Ingredients: 1 ½ cup of YES Sona Raw Rice, 1 potato chopped, 1 carrot chopped, 1 onion sliced, 1 tbsp. ginger paste, 1 tbsp. garlic paste, 3 table spoons green peas, 2 Green Chili (finely chopped), 1 tbsp. lemon juice, 2 tsp coriander leaves, 2 tsp mint leaves, 2 tsp. Biryani Masala Powder (adjust to suit your taste), 3 tbsp. oil, 3 cups water, 1 bay leaf, 2 green cardamoms, Cinnamon stick, 2 cloves, 1 tsp. black pepper powder.
Soak YES Sona Raw Rice for about 15 minutes
- Add 3 Tbsp. Oil to a Pressure Cooker and feat it.
- Add all bay leaf, green cardamoms, cinnamon stick, cloves and black pepper powder.
- Add Garlic Ginger Paste and green chili
- Add all vegetables: Potato, Carrot, Onion & Green Peas
- Fry well
- Strain away the water from the soaked rice and add the rice to the cooker.
- Add 3 cups of water
- Add lemon juice
- Add biryani powder
- Close the cooker and let it cook for 2 whistles (10-15 minutes) minutes.
- Open the lid once the cooker cools down.
- Garnish with coriander and mint leaves.
- Transfer to a bowl of your choice and serve.