ghee pongal with YES pongal raw rice
The rich taste and aroma of desi ghee elevates the simple Pongal to a delightful dish. Try this recipe that uses nuts and spices along with ghee and YES Sona Pongal Rice to make a winning Pongal dish that can be served on any occasion!
Ingredients: 1 cup of YES Sona Pongal Rice, 1/4 cup Moong dal, Cashewnuts (2tbsp), Raisins (2-3 tbsp), Cardamom (4), Ghee (1/4 cup), Water (1/4 cup), Additional ghee (to make jaggery syrup).
- Dry roast dal.
- Dry roast rice separately.
- Pressure together with 2 cups water.
- Mash well once cooked.
- Peel & grind cardamom.
- Keep aside.
- Heat water.
- Add jaggery.r
- Once it dissolves, strain to remove impurities.
- Boil it with ghee on medium flame.
- Add mashed rice/dal mixture.
- Cook for a while for the mixture to blend well.
- Add cardamom powder.
- Fry cashews in a tsp of ghee.
- Fry raisins with the remaining ghee.
- Add both the rice/dal mixture.
- Transfer to a serving bowl.